About The Job
The Fusion Splicer Product Line Manager must have knowledge of and be able to direct top tier account management, contribute to R&D initiatives affecting product definition within North America, and provide product and market intelligence with a clear objective of increasing market share. This position will also work alongside marketing and sales to provide positioning and promotional strategies and give recommendations for for market opportunities.
- Assist management in defining product line sales and marketing objectives
- Research customer product requirements, competitive offerings, and product gaps to determine market needs for new products
- Manage risks during the execution of new product launches and support marketing and sales during market launches
- Ensure client satisfaction with product support and services
- Provide strategic guidance on go-to-market and launch efforts
- Analyze product performance, including revenue, profitability, volume, price and quality and converts analysis into insights, actions and a product line strategy
- Develop the necessary business cases, pricing strategies and discounting guidelines that support product development and positioning in the target markets.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
Must be organized with excellent follow-up skills, able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and able to work with all standard software applications. Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision, able to participate in product life cycle planning and goal setting based on market factors, and able to fully utilize all available resources and work well within a team environment. Must also be able to establish and maintain relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, and grasp and communicate basic product information and technology and be confident when performing product demonstrations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or High School Equivalency with a proven and available track record in the same or similar position
- 5+yrs Fusion Splicer Sales and Marketing experience required
- Strong knowledge of MSOs, Telcos, Co-ops and service providers in the territory a plus
- Experience with installation and maintenance of Fiber Optic equipment and cabling a plus
- Travel Requirements: 30-50%, depending on location
- Expense Coverage: All travel expenses, gas, car allowance