Technical Sales Support Representative
The Technical Sales Support Representative will support field sales and explain the company’s technical product specifications through presentation and demonstrations in an effort to advise and influence current and new customer buying decisions. This position is a face to face environment working with customers. The right candidate must have the ability to effectively communicate the UCL Swift NA product offerings as well as an ability to conduct product training and demonstrations along with market research and an ability to analyze competitor’s offerings.
- Must be a team player and have a positive can-do attitude.
- Prepare and develop technical presentations with UCL Swift NA products in the field.
- Discuss equipment and material requirements and needs with customers and engineers.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Provide follow up with customers and potential customers post presentations.
- Assist in research and development as well as providing input on customer needs.
- Help with and provide post sale customer support.
- Solicit and log customer feedback.
- Assist in the training of new and existing employees.
- Attend and participate in Conferences, Trade Shows and Workshops to support the Sales Team, provide demonstrations and to also stay in tune with the what’s going on in the industry with new products, customer needs and competition.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Help support and drive sustainable growth.
- Develop relationships with current and potential customers.
- Expand awareness of the UCL Swift NA product line.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Marketing, Business Administration, or similar field or 10 years of experience in this specific field.
- Basic knowledge and computer skills for email, reporting, presentations, online/virtual calls etc.
- Experience in Sales, Technology/Telecommunications Enterprise and/or OSP installation and construction.
- Strong customer service, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, research, and an ability to multitask.
- Ability to speak English fluently (ability to speak Spanish fluently would be a plus, but not required)
- A professional appearance.
- A valid driver’s license.
- A personal credit card or ability to acquire a credit card for business purposes.
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit, kneel, bend etc. (for field trials, trade shows etc.)
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. (Trade Shows)
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic and forecasting.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Organizational skills and attention to details.
- Time management and the ability to meet deadlines and understand the importance of such.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and current trends and events in the industry.
- Adhere to time and attendance requirements and requests.
- Conditions could vary depending on the needs. Office to field etc.
- Some days might require more than an 8 hour work day. (trade shows, travel etc.)