Swift KF4AActive Cladding Alignment
The Swift KF4A is a highly advanced, All-In-One active cladding alignment fusion splicer, designed to perform the major 5 functions systematically: stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and protecting. The Swift KF4A is the best fit for fusion splicing and fusion splice-on connectors (SOC) of FTTx network applications. It eliminates fatal issues common with conventional mechanical connectors including low quality, weak durability and high maintenance costs. The Swift KF4A fusion splicer coupled with our fusion splice-on connectors provides customers the best ROI.
- ROTATING BLADE LIFE UP TO 110,000
- Integrated 5 functions in one unit (stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing, protecting)
- The fusion splicer with All-In-One system provides the best workability onsite and also in a limited work space
- No scratches on fiber by thermal stripping
- Compatible with Fusion Splice-on Connector (SOC) in accordance with the industry standards
- Ideal for Enterprise, Datacenter, Broadband and FTTH network applications
IPAAS Active Cladding Alignment
|Applicable type of fibers|
0.25mm, 0.9mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm Indoor cable
|Applicable fiber dimensions|
Cladding diameter: 125μm, Coating diameter: 150μm~3mm
|Fiber setting and cleaved length|
0.20in to 0.63in
Splice mode: 300, Heat mode: 100
|Typical splice loss|
SM: 0.02dB, MM: 0.01dB, DS:0.04dB, NZDS: 0.04dB
Typical 7 sec with SM
|Sleeve heating time|
Typical 13sec with IS-60 mode, IS-60 sleeve
|Applicable protection sleeve|
2.4in, 1.5in and micro sleeves
|Storage of splice result|
Data: 5,000ea up to, Image: 5,000ea up to
1.96N to 2.25N
Altitude: 0~5,000m above sea level, Temperature: -14°F~122°F, Humidity: 0~95%, Wind: 15m/s, non-condensing, dust proof, water proof, shock proof
Temperature: 40°F~176°F, Humidity: 0~95%
132(W) x 212(L) x 73(H)mm (without rubber protector)
1.5kg (including battery)
|Viewing method and display|
2 AXIS Two CMOS cameras with 4.3-inch color LCD monitor
|Fiber view and magnification|
X/Y: 110X , Max: 220X
Li-ion Battery(DC 14.8V, 3400mAh), 100 ~ 240V AC charger
|No. of splice cycles with battery|
Typical 200 cycles
Up to 77,000 + 33,000 fibers (when increasing blade height by 0.12mm)
|Arc Fusion Splicer|
Instructions for use
Optical fiber holder
S09-C, S09, S30-C, S30
SC, LC, FC, ST(Refer to FTTx Solution catalogue)
DC 12V Available for car cigar jack
Optical fiber holder
HS-250, HS-900, HS-2.5, HS-IN, KF4-SC/FC, KF4-ST, KF4-ILC, LS-900 (choose one)
VFL (Visual Fault Locator) utilizes a 650nm red laser to locate and visibly display any failure points throughout the cable.
InGaAs Power Meter (indium, gallium, arsenide) detects the amount of power lost during transmission and can help correct potential errors.
WHAT IS ALL-IN-ONE?
UCL Swift’s fusion splicers integrate thermal stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and protecting in to one convenient unit, reducing installation time and improving connection reliability. The All-In-One system provides an excellent working platform for high productivity.
- No scratches from heated stripping.
- 1 second strip time.
- Over 5 kgf tensile strength of fiber after stripping.
- Featuring excellent tensile force of fiber, the automatic stripper strips up to 28mm in length without damaging the surface of fiber.
- Minimum stripping length should be longer than 7.5mm.
- One-touch pump.
- The alcohol pump can be removed and refilled with cleaning fluid.
- Avoid splashing the alcohol please cover the top part of dispenser with cleaning cotton and push it.
- Single-action cleaving.
- Designed to cleave the fiber at a 90 degree angle.
- The fiber shards are collected in the slide-type chip box placed at the side of body.
- Splicing available for 1 core.
- After splicing the fiber splice must be visually perfect.
- Shrink down takes 20-35 seconds.
- Equipped with a sleeve loader to prevent contamination and provide convenience.
- Increased productivity from built-in sleeving unit.