Swift KR12AAll-In-One Ribbon Splicer
Introducing the new Swift KR12A All-In-One Ribbon Splicer. This premium fusion splicer offers a strong option for in-field fiber splices that delivers superior optical performance and improved productivity. Integrated with 5 functions in one unit, the KR12A can strip, clean, cleave, splice and protect in less time and with better results. In addition the rotating blade life can handle up to 6,200 fibers and unit maintenance can be achieved through an online connection.
- ROTATING BLADE LIFE UP TO 3,650+ 2,550 (when increasing blade height by 0.12mm)
- Remote maintenance via internet
- The fusion splicer with All-In-One system provides the best workability. Integrated 5 functions in one unit (stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing, and protecting).
- No scratches on fiber by thermal stripping (extended tensile of fiber strength by 2 kgf more)
- Wide 127mm (5.0 in) Color LCD monitor with electrostatic touch screen and bidirectional operating system
- Powerful lithium polymer battery with large capacity (6000mAh)
- Resistance to shock, dust and water
- User friendly GUI
|Applicable type of fibers|
SM (G.652); MM (G.651); DS (G.653); NZDS (G.655)
Single fiber; 2-12 ribbon fiber
|Applicable fiber dimensions|
Single: Cladding diameter: 125㎛; Coating diameter 250: 900㎛
Ribbon: Cladding diameter: 125㎛; Ribbon fiber thickness 0.25 to 0.40mm
|Fiber setting and cleaved length|
Splice mode: 300, Heat mode: 100; Strip mode: 50
|Typical splice loss|
SM: 0.05dB, MM: 0.02dB, DS: 0.08dB, NZDS: 0.08dB
> 60dB (typical)
Typical 20 sec. with standard SM (ITU-T G.652)
|Sleeve heating time|
1~2 core 20 sec.; 4-12 core 50 sec.
|Applicable protection sleeve|
40mm, 60mm (fiber)
|Storage of splice result|
The last 10,000 results to be stored in the internal memory (image 10,000 results)
Altitude: 0-3,660m above sea level, Temperature: -10ºC ~ 50ºC (-14ºF ~ 122ºF); Humidity: 0~95%;
Wind: 15m/s, non-condensing, dust proof, water proof, shock proof
Temperature: -40ºC~ 80ºC (40ºF ~ 176ºC); Humidity: 0~95%
136(W) x 215(L) x 132(H) mm (excluding bumper)
2.3kg (including battery)
|Viewing method and display|
Two CMOS cameras and 127mm (5.0 in) color LCD monitor with electrostatic touch screen
|Fiber view and magnification|
X/Y: 20X; Max: 60X
|No. of splice cycles with battery|
Typical 236 cycles (6000mAh)
Up to 1,500 splices
USB, external power (DC 12V (available for car cigar jack)); DC output 13.2-16.8V
Up to 3,650 + 2,550 fibers (when increasing blade height by 0.12mm)
|Arc fusion splicer|
|Instructions for use|
|Ribbonizing holder kit|
|Sleeve loader (2ea)|
|Optical fiber holder|
H7-4-10, H7-8-10, H7-12-10, H7-250-10, H7-900-10, H7-2-10, H7-6-10, MPO-10-KR12
WHAT IS ALL-IN-ONE?
UCL Swift’s fusion splicers integrate thermal stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and protecting in to one convenient unit, reducing installation time and improving connection reliability. The All-In-One system provides an excellent working platform for high productivity.
- No scratches from heated stripping.
- 1 second strip time.
- Over 5 kgf tensile strength of fiber after stripping.
- Featuring excellent tensile force of fiber, the automatic stripper strips up to 28mm in length without damaging the surface of fiber.
- Minimum stripping length should be longer than 7.5mm.
- One-touch pump.
- The alcohol pump can be removed and refilled with cleaning fluid.
- Avoid splashing the alcohol please cover the top part of dispenser with cleaning cotton and push it.
- Single-action cleaving.
- Designed to cleave the fiber at a 90 degree angle.
- The fiber shards are collected in the slide-type chip box placed at the side of body.
- Splicing available for 1 core.
- After splicing the fiber splice must be visually perfect.
- Shrink down takes 20-35 seconds.
- Equipped with a sleeve loader to prevent contamination and provide convenience.
- Increased productivity from built-in sleeving unit.