Swift R5User-Friendly Splicer For Ribbon Fiber
The Swift R5’s simple and user-friendly design enables users to splice quickly and conveniently throughout the 5 processes; stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and sleeving (All-In-One). The Swift R5’s thermal automatic stripper leaves no scratches unlike a manual strippers that can leave scratches on the fiber. Additionally, the All-In-One design makes installations easy and much more efficient that having multiple pieces of equipment – perfect for any high density application.
- Integrated 5 function in one unit (stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing, protecting)
- The fusion splicer with All-In-One system provides the best workability and also in a limited work space.
- No scratches on fiber by thermal stripping
- 4.3-inch Color LCD monitor with touch screen & bidirectional operation system
- Magnification: 20X
- User-friendly and ergonomically designed by navigational touch screen
- Powerful lithium polymer battery with large capacity
- More than 320 times for full cycling of splicing and sleeving when fully charged
- Resistance to shock, dust and water
- The splicer with high reliability has stable performance even in a harsh environment.
- Shock – Free Fall: 76cm from 5 sides / Waterproof: IPx2 / Dustproof: IPS
- Equipped with sleeve loader for easy fiber loading for ribbon fiber
- Prevents the supplementary sleeve from contamination and falling.
Fixed V-Groove (Clad-to-Clad)
|Applicable type of fibers|
SM(ITU-T G.652), MM(ITU-T G.651), DS(ITU-T G.653), NZDS(ITU-T G.655), ITU-T(G.657)
Single fiber, 2~12 fiber
|Applicable fiber dimensions|
Single: Cladding diameter 125μm, Coating diameter 250, 900μm Ribbon: Cladding diameter 125μm, Ribbon fiber thickness: 0.27 to 0.32mm
|Fiber setting and cleaved length|
Splice mode: 100, Heat mode: 50
|Typical splice Loss|
SM: 0.05dB, MM: 0.02dB, DS: 0.08dB, NZDS: 0.08dB
Typical 20sec with standard SM (ITU-T G.652)
|Sleeve heating time|
Applicable protection sleeve
1.5in, 2.4in (fiber), 1.1in or 1.3in (connector)
Storage of splice result
The last 10,000 results to be stored in the internal memory (image 10,000 results)
2N / 4,4N (option)
Altitude: 5,000m above sea level, Temperature: -14°F~122°F,Humidity: 0~95%, Wind: 15m/s, non-condensing, dust proof, water proof, shock proof
Temperature:-40°F~176°F, Humidity: 0~95%
5.6(W) x 8.9(L) x 5.2(H)in (including rubber)
5.5Ib (including battery 7.1Ib)
Viewing method and display
Two CMOS cameras and 4.3-inch color LCD monitor with touch screen
Fiber view and magnification
DC Lithium polymer battery(DC 14.8V, 8400mAh), 100~240V AC Adapter
No. of splice cycles with battery
More than 1,000 times
USB, RCA, external power (DC 12V available for car cigar jack)
|Arc Fusion Splicer|
H7-12, H7-10, H7-8, H7-6, H7-4, H7-2, H7-250, H7-900, H7-IN, H7-2.5
DC 12V Available for car cigar jack
WHAT IS ALL-IN-ONE?
UCL Swift’s fusion splicers integrate thermal stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and protecting in to one convenient unit, reducing installation time and improving connection reliability. The All-In-One system provides an excellent working platform for high productivity.
- No scratches from heated stripping.
- 1 second strip time.
- Over 5 kgf tensile strength of fiber after stripping.
- Featuring excellent tensile force of fiber, the automatic stripper strips up to 28mm in length without damaging the surface of fiber.
- Minimum stripping length should be longer than 7.5mm.
- One-touch pump.
- The alcohol pump can be removed and refilled with cleaning fluid.
- Avoid splashing the alcohol please cover the top part of dispenser with cleaning cotton and push it.
- Single-action cleaving.
- Designed to cleave the fiber at a 90 degree angle.
- The fiber shards are collected in the slide-type chip box placed at the side of body.
- Splicing available for 1 core.
- After splicing the fiber splice must be visually perfect.
- Shrink down takes 20-35 seconds.
- Equipped with a sleeve loader to prevent contamination and provide convenience.
- Increased productivity from built-in sleeving unit.