Swift S5Core-to-Core Alignment
The Swift S5’s simple and user-friendly design enables users to splice quickly and conveniently throughout the 5 processes; stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing & protecting (All-In-One). The S5’s thermal automatic stripper leaves no scratches typical of a manual stripper that frequently scratches the fiber.
- Integrated 5 function in one unit (stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing, protecting)
- The fusion splicer with All-In-One system provides the best workability on the pole and also in the limited work space
- No scratches on fiber by thermal stripping
- 4.3-inch color LCD monitor with touch screen & bidirectional operation system
- Powerful lithium polymer battery with large capacity
- More than 350 times for full cycling of splicing and sleeving when fully charged
- Resistance to shock, dust and water
- The splicer offers high reliability and stable performance even in a harsh environment
- Shock – Free Fall: 76cm from 5 sides | Waterproof: IPx2 l Dustproof: IP5x
- IPAAS Technology based core alignment
- Swift S5 is the core alignment splicer based on the IPAAS (Image Pattern Analysis Alignment System) Technology.
- Compatible with SWIFT Fusion Splice-on Connector (FSOC) in accordance with industry standards
- Bidirectional Operation System
- The monitor (touch screen) can be viewed bidirectionally for user’s preference.
- Detects the temperature, the humidity, the pressure automatically to calibrate the ARC discharge properly.
IPAAS Core-to-Core Alignment
|Applicable type of fibers|
SM(ITU-T G.652), MM(ITU-T G.651), DS(ITU-T G.653), NZDS(ITU-T G.655), ITU-T(G.657) GI EDFA, EI980, Splicing available with different type fiber(SM/MM)
|Applicable fiber dimensions|
Cladding diameter: 80 ~ 150μm, Coating diameter: 100 ~ 1000μm
|Fiber setting and cleaved length|
250μm: 0.31in~0.63in, 900μm: 0.63in (Application holder: 0.31in)
Splice mode: 100, Heat mode: 50
|Typical splice loss|
SMF: 0.02dB, MMF: 0.01dB, DSF: 0.04dB, NZDSF: 0.04dB
|Sleeve heating time|
30sec, 90sec (connector)
|Applicable protection sleeve|
1.5in, 2.4in (fiber), 1.1in or 1.3in (connector)
|Storage of splice result|
The last 10,000 results to be stored in the internal memory (image 10,000 results)
2N / 4,4N (Option)
Altitude: 5,000m above sea level, Temperature:-14°F~122°F, Humidity: 0~95%, Wind: 15m/s, non-condensing, dust proof, water proof, shock proof
Temperature: -40°F~176°F, Humidity: 0~95%
5.6(W) x 8.9(L) x 5.2(H)in (including rubber)
5.5Ib (including battery 7.1Ib)
|Viewing method and display|
Two CMOS cameras and 4.3-inch color LCD monitor with touch screen
|Fiber view and magnification|
X or Y view: 300X, X and Y view: 300X, 187X (Zoom 700X)
DC Lithium polymer battery (DC 14.8V, 8400mAh), 100~240V AC adapter
|No. of splice cycles with battery|
More than 3,000 times
USB, RCA, external power (DC 12V available for car cigar jack)
|Arc Fusion Splicer|
HS-250, HS-900, HS-2.5,HS-IN, HS-SC, HS-ILC, HS-ST, LS-900
SC, LC, FC, ST(Refer to FTTx Solution catalogue)
DC 12V Available for car cigar jack
WHAT IS ALL-IN-ONE?
UCL Swift’s fusion splicers integrate thermal stripping, cleaning, cleaving, splicing and protecting in to one convenient unit, reducing installation time and improving connection reliability. The All-In-One system provides an excellent working platform for high productivity.
- No scratches from heated stripping.
- 1 second strip time.
- Over 5 kgf tensile strength of fiber after stripping.
- Featuring excellent tensile force of fiber, the automatic stripper strips up to 28mm in length without damaging the surface of fiber.
- Minimum stripping length should be longer than 7.5mm.
- One-touch pump.
- The alcohol pump can be removed and refilled with cleaning fluid.
- Avoid splashing the alcohol please cover the top part of dispenser with cleaning cotton and push it.
- Single-action cleaving.
- Designed to cleave the fiber at a 90 degree angle.
- The fiber shards are collected in the slide-type chip box placed at the side of body.
- Splicing available for 1 core.
- After splicing the fiber splice must be visually perfect.
- Shrink down takes 20-35 seconds.
- Equipped with a sleeve loader to prevent contamination and provide convenience.
- Increased productivity from built-in sleeving unit.